Fordham Offers COVID-19 Vaccines

Fordham will administer 200 doses of the Moderna vaccine each week

ANDREW DRESSNER

Fordham’s vaccines are stored in dedicated refrigerators on campus. The university will be receiving 200 doses of the Moderna vaccine weekly as long as it distributes all of the doses it receives.

Fordham announced on April 4 that it will distribute 200 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to give to the Fordham community. This will occur after all New York residents over the age of 16 become eligible on April 6. 

The doses will be distributed between the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses. Each campus will receive 100 doses. Vaccinations will take place on April 8 on the Lincoln Center campus and on April 9 on the Rose Hill campus. Appointments can be scheduled for between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m on both days. Vaccinations will be administered at testing locations on each campus. 

To sign up for a vaccine appointment, students must visit the COVID-19 testing page. They must also show their Fordham ID when they go to their appointment. VitalCheck nurses will be monitoring registration and providing the vaccines to ensure that it is compliant with HIPAA.

After they receive the vaccine, Fordham University Health Services staff will check on students to monitor reactions to the vaccine.

Currently, Fordham plans to continue to receive 200 doses every week. In order to receive 200 more doses each week, Fordham must distribute each dose it receives. 

As of 5:30 p.m. on April 4, all of the appointments are already filled for the upcoming week.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.