Prospective Gabelli Student Barron Trump Spotted Touring Fordham

Son of former President Donald J. Trump said he is honored to consider his father’s former university for his undergraduate studies
TARA LENTELL
Youngest son of the 45th President, Barron Trump, attended a tour of Fordham’s Lincoln Center Campus.

Barron Trump, son of former university student and the 45th president of the U.S. Donald J. Trump, has been spotted as a part of a group of students on an official guided tour of Fordham Lincoln Center (FLC) and the Gabelli School of Business at Lincoln Center (GSBLC) on Friday, March 15.

Three Secret Service agents escorted Trump throughout the university’s Manhattan campus. The Observer received scandalous tips of Trump seen ordering a dirty chai with coconut boba pearls and a raspberry cream cheese danish at Argo Tea. Reports from students say Trump later tossed the remains of his food inside the GSBLC trading room.

Sporting a pair of black, cat eye sunglasses and Adidas Sambas, one might have confused Trump for an ordinary Lincoln Center student. Towering about three heads too tall above everyone else and a thicker version of his father’s unruly hairdo, Trump’s identity was quickly revealed by passersby. 

Gab Bellibro, GSBLC ’25, said that while sitting in the Leon Lowenstein lobby, he had seen an unusually tall figure enter the front entrance, followed by three large men in suits and walkie-talkies. Although he had initially dismissed it as a celebrity, it was the suppleness of Trump’s lips and piercing blue eyes that made him realize who he had just seen. 

“I mean, you couldn’t confuse him with anyone else,” Bellibro said. “He was so tall too, like someone needs to recruit him for the basketball team because I know he’d actually take us to national championships with some crazy dunks.”

In an exclusive interview with The Observer, Trump sat down with reporters to discuss his higher education plans following his upcoming graduation from Oxford Academy in West Palm Beach, a short distance from his father’s Mar-a-Lago resort. 

“The school looks dilapidated, the crowded elevators and filthy classroom chairs in student lounges makes this place look like one of those dirty, third world countries my daddy called out a couple years ago during his 2016 presidential campaign.”Donald J. Trump, 45th preisdent of the United States of America

Trump stated he was accepted to GSBLC for the regular decision cycle, with academic and need-based scholarships covering the full cost of his attendance. He is also considering the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, to which he was accepted on the early action decision cycle with a much smaller financial aid offer. 

“Ever since my daddy declared bankruptcy a couple of weeks ago, I am looking at Fordham to continue his legacy and tremendous impact of the Trump Organization across the world since they have offered to cover nearly the entire cost of my degree,” Trump said. “But I am still looking at Wharton, which of course, offers an all-around better quality education.”

He added that while he is enthusiastic about committing to Fordham with an interest in concentrating in global finance and business economics, he is concerned about the quality of student services and overall campus resources. 

“Due to his safety, the university will provide flexibility with Trump’s in-person attendance to make sure he can equitably attain a Fordham education.”Bob Howe, vice president of communications and special adviser to the president

“The school looks dilapidated, the crowded elevators and filthy classroom chairs in student lounges makes this place look like one of those dirty, third world countries my daddy called out a couple years ago during his 2016 presidential campaign,” Trump said. 

Barron Trump claimed he would provide a generous family donation to the university to renovate parts of the Lincoln Center campus should he commit to Fordham, out of concern that the university in its current state is not a suitable academic environment for his learning. 

He added that he was not interested in studying at the Rose Hill campus, like his father had, due to his interest in the fashion-forward and creative crowd at Lincoln Center.

“And I think Fordham is a strong contender for me given the many students who are also wealthy and privileged, sharing my perspective on the world.”Barron Trump, GSBLC ’28(?)

According to a statement provided by the office of undergraduate admissions, Trump’s acceptance to Fordham was not influenced by his father’s attendance. Donald J. Trump attended Fordham College at Rose Hill from 1964-66 before transferring to Wharton in 1966 to complete his degree in economics. 

The office of undergraduate admissions emphasized that Trump would be a special addition to the university, pointing to the knowledge in economics and business he has gained by working under his father and Trump’s desire to expand his education in the liberal arts. 

“What most excites me about Fordham is the ability to take business coursework so that I receive a world-class education to lead my daddy’s organization in the near future,” Trump said. “But I would also love to immerse myself in coursework on fashion, culture and even learn Spanish.” 

Pictures of Trump show him interrupting a class in the GSBLC trading room by jumping up and down, banging his head on the ceiling when the S&P 500 dropped by nearly 10 points, and momentarily passing out.

Trump excitedly added that as he becomes more familiar with his father’s political work, he will be making recurring visits to the U.S.-Mexico border upon what he calls Donald J. Trump’s “certain re-election,” and that learning Spanish would aid in his ability to really connect with migrants and their personal experiences.

Bob Howe, vice president of communications and special adviser to the president, said that Trump’s secret service companions would not create a classroom disruption despite voiced concerns from students and faculty, and that Trump would receive special online accommodations for much of his coursework and exams. 

“Due to his safety, the university will provide flexibility with Trump’s in-person attendance to make sure he can equitably attain a Fordham education,” Howe said.

There is no question about the disproportionate discrimination that wealthy, white Americans are facing across the country right now, especially celebrities who struggle with their visibility and day-to-day tasks without the peering eyes of the poor. 

During his tour, pictures of Trump show him interrupting a class in the GSBLC trading room by jumping up and down, banging his head on the ceiling when the S&P 500 dropped by nearly 10 points, and momentarily passing out. Secret Service agents accompanying Trump quickly vacated the area, drawing firearms and shouting at students and faculty in the halls to back away. 

After replenishing at the Ram Café, Trump later continued his tour, passing by The Observer office with a grimace for its sympathetic portrayal of unions and asylum seekers. Trump also visited the sixth floor of the Leon Lowenstein Center, where he sat in on a conflict analysis and resolution class — he was engulfed in an argument on how the United States must invest more funds in the state of Israel in order to save and preserve American order.

“I am really looking forward to making a decision on where I will attend university next year,” Trump said. “And I think Fordham is a strong contender for me given the many students who are also wealthy and privileged, sharing my perspective on the world.”