TRUE JACKSON, VP, REPLACES JEFFREY GRAY

The fashion-forward teenager will be the university’s youngest faculty member, serving as VP for student affairs.

By SHELBY WILLIAMS, Lover of Bloomin' Onions

In an email sent to the Fordham community on Feb. 31, University President Tania Tetlow, J.D., announced that adolescent True Jackson, VP (vice president), has been appointed as the new senior vice president for student affairs. The decision stemmed from Jackson’s predecessor, Jeffrey Gray, sharing his plans for retirement after having worked at Fordham for thirty-four years. 

Tetlow shared that Jackson’s experience as the VP of youth apparel at Mad Style, a New York-based fashion company, has well-prepared her for her newfound endeavors in academia. Becoming the VP for student affairs at fifteen, Jackson will be the youngest person appointed to a faculty position in Fordham’s history.  

‘Being 3 years below the median age of American college first-years, Jackson is already breaking barriers and paving the way for the next generation of Fordham faculty’, Tetlow said. 

The president highlighted that prior to joining the Fordham community, Jackson gained lots of experience in crisis management in her day-to-day operations as VP at Mad Style. Tetlow referred to some of Jackson’s notable achievements, including coupling her former boss with her high school’s librarian, pretending to be a famous supermodel, and overspending on her company credit card. 

The role of senior VP of student affairs is responsible for overseeing student affairs functions, staff members, and the university’s budget. Now, at the university, Jackson is eager to apply both professional and personal skills to the collegiate world. 

‘I’m really good at budgeting since I’ve only asked my dad for an advance on my allowance 3 times this month’, she said. ‘Plus, I study affairs all the time in magazines, so I can’t wait to learn about the ones between students’. 

The news of Jackson’s appointment has caused quite a stir on campus, with students and faculty eager to see what changes she will bring to the school. Petra Fried, FCLC (Fordham College at Lincoln Center) ‘24 and a fashion studies minor, is specifically interested in Jackson’s fashion expertise. 

‘While I appreciate her unique accomplishments, I’m concerned that her lack of experience in higher education will be a barrier to her effectiveness as senior vice president’ Bea O’Problem, FCLC ‘26

‘It’s great that we’ll be hearing from someone who knows what tabi shoes are and not a geriatric leader all the time’, she said. ‘I heard a rumor that she’s thinking of changing the school colors to be more chic and implementing a dress code. It’s exciting to see someone bring the change that Fordham truly needs’.

On the other hand, Bea O’Problem, FCLC ‘26, has reservations about Jackson’s qualifications, citing her lack of a high school diploma as cause for concern. 

‘While I appreciate her unique accomplishments, I’m concerned that her lack of experience in higher education will be a barrier to her effectiveness as senior vice president’, she said. ‘It’s important that we prioritize academics rather than focusing on a flashy name’.

‘True’s forward-thinking approach to problem-solving will unquestionably benefit our campus community and continue to deliver a world-class education at both Lincoln Center and Rose Hill’ University President Tania Tetlow, J.D.

Tetlow is eager to onboard Jackson and continue expanding the Fordham agenda. She expressed her excitement about having a ‘fresh perspective at the university’ and said that Fordham will experience some exciting changes in the months to come.

‘True’s forward-thinking approach to problem-solving will unquestionably benefit our campus community and continue to deliver a world-class education at both Lincoln Center and Rose Hill’, Tetlow said.

Jackson is set to assume her position at the beginning of the fall 2023 semester. She is eager to get to know students and faculty alike while continuing to add to her ridiculously accomplished resume. While she’ll miss her former coworkers, Jackson is ready to move to bigger and better things.

‘Fresh and cool is just what I do,’ Jackson said.