New Ticketing System to Be Used At Fordham Football and Basketball Games

By MAX WOLLNER

Published: September 23, 2010

The Fordham University Athletics Department will make use of a new ticketing system for football and basketball games this year. The new system, called TicketReturn Digital Ticketing, will help the ticketing office by cutting down on ticket purchase lines and will call, but more importantly it will make the process of buying a ticket more convenient for non-student patrons.

“The system upgrade was a much-needed move,” said Jess Powers, coordinator of tickets and business operations. “TicketReturn is a web-based system, so multiple users in the ticket office can be on at the same time, taking and processing orders. The tickets are now barcoded, and with the online tickets aspect, our patrons are able to print their tickets at home [and have them scanned at the games],” Powers added.

The new system will not only eliminate the need to wait in line, but it will also set up personal accounts for each customer, facilitating the process of purchasing more tickets for future games. “Once you purchase a ticket online, you have the ability to sign back in, reprint your ticket if necessary, even email the ticket to another person if you find you cannot attend,” Powers said.

Season ticket holders also benefit from this new technology. “For those that are purchasing season tickets, we actually have an option called the FanCard,” Powers said. “Similar to [a student’s] Fordham I.D., it is a barcoded card that can be used for entry to games. Rather than having paper tickets for each game, you just have this one card that you can keep in your wallet and have at all times.  With the FanCard, you are still able to go online, reprint your tickets at home and email tickets to others if you cannot attend.”

Using these new customer accounts, the ticketing office hopes to implement an email system to notify customers of upcoming games, as well as other advertising such as promotional giveaway days. “The more comfortable and knowledgeable we become with it, the more we are able to do,” Powers said. “The program itself also evolves as the company makes improvements, so there will always be new additions to the capabilities of the program.”

There are many ways for non-Fordham students to purchase tickets: ordering in person from the ticket office in the Rose Hill gym, in person on the day of the game, or over the phone at (718) 817-4759. Entry of course, is still free for Fordham students with their student IDs.

Ordering online at fordhamsports.com is also an option. “To order, go on the site and click on the ‘Ticket Center’ tab located in the top left corner. Then the customer will be taken through a step-by-step process, allowing them to pick their seats, input their information and decide what options they would like to choose, such as having the tickets left at will call or printing them at home,” Powers said.

Fordham’s partnership with TicketReturn Digital Ticketing is sure to help shorten lines at football and basketball games this season by utilizing a web-based system to help the ticket office staff, as well as new tickets with barcodes that can be scanned easily at the gate. With the lines reduced and the increased convenience of purchasing tickets, games at Fordham will become more enjoyable for all involved.