Fordham Bucket List: 5 Fordham Events You Should Attend Before Graduation

Write down your bucket list in your daily planner to keep you inspired every day of the week. (Maria Kovoros/The Observer)

By HANSI WEEDAGAMA

It’s that time of year again, where spring break is just around the corner and we’ve finally reached the halfway point of the semester.  So if you’re stressed over midterms and are looking for something interesting to do or you just want to know what events there are to look forward to this semester, check out these five Fordham events below:

1. Fordham’s Relay for Life This event benefits the American Cancer Society and it is currently Fordham College at Lincoln Center’s (FCLC’s) largest student-run philanthropy. This year’s event will take place on April 18– all members of the Fordham community can register. It is a day full of fundraising, food, music and games – and all for a good cause. You can create a team of friends or join one that has already been created, by going to relayforlife.org/fulcny.

2. Fordham’s Amazing Race – Are you a fan of the Amazing Race? Have you always wanted to join but never wanted to skydive onto a football field or race on a NASCAR racetrack? Well then, check out Fordham’s Amazing Race! It’s slightly less terrifying and you can team up with your FCLC pals on a race around the city. Just sign up with United Student Government (USG), fill up your Metrocard, create a team of three or four people and get ready to race around the boroughs, answering clues to win. This event usually takes place at the end of March or in early April at FCLC.

3. Fordham Spring Weekend – If you love concerts, check out Spring Weekend! Think of it as  Fordham’s Coachella. It takes place over an entire weekend in March or April at Fordham College at Rose Hill (FCRH) and features various different musical acts. There are plenty of parties to go along with this and it is a great opportunity to relax with your friends.

4. Global Outreach – If you’ve been at Fordham for a while, you’ve probably heard a lot about the service program called Global Outreach. This program lets you travel to different places in the U.S. and abroad to get involved in various different service projects. It’s a great opportunity to travel and form a bond with people that share the same interests as you. Summer projects coming up include: New Orleans, Navajo and West among others.

5. Midday/Midnight Breakfast – Right before finals take place, Fordham offers a midnight breakfast for students. If you’re stressing over finals, check this event out. Rev. Joseph M. McShane, S.J., president of Fordham University, is usually in attendance as well, serving students breakfast along with other faculty members.