FCLC Weekly Campus Calendar

By ERIC PANG and MEHGAN ABDELMASSIH

Brought to you by the Fordham Observer and Fordham College at Lincoln Center’s (FCLC) Office of Student Leadership and Community Development (OSLCD) is the weekly event calendar for our campus!

Thursday, Nov. 8

The Psychology Association’s Second Annual Psychology Game Show will be held in the Student Lounge from 12 p.m. until 2 p.m. Giftcards to Starbucks, Magnolia Bakery, and Urbanoutfitters will be handed out as prizes. Free pizza is also available.

-GLIMPSE will be traveling to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Students should sign up in Room 408 if interested in attending. Those attending should gather in Lowenstein Lobby at 12 p.m.

-The Office of Multicultural Affairs, Students for Solidarity and the Dorothy Day Center for Service and Justice will be hosting “To Vote or Not to Vote” at 12:30 p.m. until 2 p.m. in Lowenstein 1104. Free food will be available.

-ResLife invites students to Walk the Highline. Those students who are interested must meet in the McMahon Lobby at 4 p.m. Students are advised to wear appropriate clothing.

-A Bible Study, as sponsored by Campus Ministry, will be held at 5:15 p.m. in McMahon Hall in Room 6G.

– The Institute for  the Study of Global Antisemitism and Policy along with Fordham University Faculty is hosting “Pathways to Islamist Radicalization.” Haras Rafiq, director of Counter Extremism Consultancy, Training, Research and Interventions, will be a featured speakerThis event will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the Fordham Law School building located at 140 W. 62nd Street in Room 430 B/C. The seminar is open to the public.

-“The Language Archive” by Julia Cho and directed by Tamilla Woodard will be held at 8:00 p.m. in Pope Auditorium (113 W. 60th Street). This event is sponsored by Fordham Theatre. This theatre event will run for two weeks (Nov. 8, Nov. 9, Nov. 15, Nov. 16 and Nov. 17). Tickets are $15 for General Admission, $10 for Fordham Faculty, Staff and Alumni, and $5 for Students and Seniors. The Box Office phone number is (212)-636-6340. Other inquiries can be directed to [email protected].

-Desi C.H.A.I will be hosting its Festival of Lights from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. in the atrium and Student Lounge. The event features DJ ROHIT and Rangeela along with musical performances and dancing by Lincoln Center students. Two non-Fordham guests per one Fordham I.D. are permitted. Free food will be available.

-The Campus Activities Board invites students to see The Lion King. Interested students should sign up in Room 408 as soon as possible. This event is open only to FCLC students. Those students who have signed up in Room 408 should then meet at 6:45 p.m. in the Lowenstein Lobby.

Friday, Nov. 9

-Students who are interested in attending this outing can sign up in Room 408. No deposit necessary. The outing will be to the New Museum. Students who will attend should meet in Lowenstein Lobby.

CAB’s Hurricane Benefit will also feature an announcement about the Winterfest Concert Artist. This event is open to FCLC Students only. Food will be available.

Saturday, Nov. 10

-Colleges Against Cancer is offering free tickets to see the New York Bodies Exhibition. Students who are interested in attending should sign up in Room 408 as soon as possible. FCLC Students should meet at 12 p.m. in the Lowenstein Lobby. Metrocards will not be provided. This event is open to FCLC students only.