MACA LEON

MACA LEON, Assistant Social Media Editor

Maca Leon, Fordham College at Lincoln Center ’22, is the assistant social media editor for The Fordham Observer. She is double majoring in English and new media and digital design. She has mostly written about museums due to her immense love for art, and her favorite pastimes include baking banana bread, playing Pac-Man and walking through Central Park!

All content by MACA LEON
A wall of red, pink and yellow photographs

‘Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams’ Opens at Brooklyn Museum

October 12, 2021
The Brooklyn Museum has brought to life an exhibit that takes guests on a marvelous journey through the history of the iconic Dior fashion house.
Lucy’s Delicatessan provides visitors the quintessential New York deli experience — except that all the food is hand-stitched and made of felt.

Felt for Thought: Inside Lucy’s Deli on 6th

October 16, 2019
Situated within bright pink walls at Rockefeller Center, Lucy Sparrow’s Delicatessan on 6th provides visitors the quintessential New York deli experience — with some exceptions. It’s not a deli at all; it’s an art exhibit. And instead of home-cooked, all the food is hand-stitched and made of felt.
The Morgans newest exhibit takes viewers into the whimsical world of J.R.R. Tolkien.

One Exhibit to Rule Them All

April 30, 2019
The Morgan Library was transformed into Middle-Earth for its newest exhibit.
Wherever you are in Manhattan, youre never too far from a quality pizza pie.

City Slickers Pick City Slices

March 15, 2019
Observer writers share their favorite places to get tasty pizza that is worth the dough.
The Frida Kahlo exhibit, Appearances Can Be Deceiving, is featured at the Brooklyn Museum.

Frida Kahlo: Appearances Can Be Deceiving

March 7, 2019
As soon as you enter the museum, you can see a faint hint of neon white lights emanating from the back of the room, where two brightly colored screens display the name Frida Kahlo in huge italicized letters. It nearly blinds you.
Battle of the Oscars

Battle of the Oscars

February 27, 2019
And the award for most correct Oscars predictions goes to...
Unlike many installations, “Love Hotel Rooms” allows the viewer to participate in the exhibition by inviting them to recall and recreate a room they once loved or one they have been loved in.

A Different Look at Love

February 16, 2019
Located downtown on a quiet street, the Special Special gallery has long hosted new and inventive art installations, but its current exhibition, “Love Hotel Rooms,” certainly takes the cake.
Streetwear fashion can be seen from the tunnels of Fordham to the runway of NYFW.

‘Can I Borrow Your Vintage Gucci Belt?’: Streetwear Reigns Supreme

November 13, 2018

Why is she wearing neon green khakis? Why is he wearing a bucket hat three sizes too big? And most importantly, how much did you pay for that “vintage” Yu-Gi-Oh! shirt?       From colorful...

Load More Stories