Noah Goldstein, Fordham Theatre Alumnus, Passes Away

Noah Goldstein, a 2016 alumnus of the Fordham Theatre program. (PHOTO COURTESY OF FORDHAM THEATRE)

By BEN MOORE

On June 18, Noah Goldstein, a 2016 alumnus of the theatre program at Fordham College at Lincoln Center, passed away.

Joseph McShane, SJ, president of Fordham University, informed the Fordham community via email on June 18 that Goldstein was reportedly the victim of a hit and run accident at around 3 a.m. near the Lincoln Center campus. Goldstein’s death is under investigation by the New York Police Department.

McShane stated, “We have reached out to Goldstein’s family, and of course will do everything we can to support them in their hour of grief. We will hold a service for Noah at Lincoln Center, once we know the family’s wishes, and have asked campus ministry to notify the community of their preferences regarding condolences.”

“It is a terrible blow to lose someone so young and full of promise, and we cannot imagine the pain of Noah’s family and loved ones,” McShane continued.

Since receiving this news, members of the Fordham Community have offered their condolences and remembrances of Goldstein across social media sites.

Leighton Magoon, United Student Government (USG) President and FCLC ’17, stated “Your energy and kindness stood out in my time here at Fordham. Not only that, you helped make an unbearable core Science class entertaining with your humor. Rest in peace, Noah Goldstein, and condolences to the family who lost one of their own far too early.”

Andrew Abbensett, a FCLC ’16 grad, added “My blue/blonde haired designer, my Super Smash Bros. sparring buddy, my designated dancing partner at parties, one of my best friends. I’m gonna miss you so much Noah Goldstein. Noah was one of the best parts of my four years.”

Marc David Wright, FCLC ’19 and a Theatre Major, wrote “I not only had the honor of knowing Noah and experiencing the beautiful art they created, but I had the absolute PRIVILEGE of sharing the dance floor with them during Banquet. I remember thinking ‘this kid is fearless, fierce, and filled to the brim with joy.’ Their creations made me proud to be a Fordham Theatre student, and their spirit made me so happy to be alive. Rest in peace, Noah Goldstein. ❤️

Daniel Alexander Jones, Fordham Theatre Department Professor and Head of the Playwriting Department stated, “Stunned by the sudden loss of one of Fordham Theatre’s best students of all time. RIP, dear Noah Goldstein. They were a gifted young artist and magical soul. I will miss our wide ranging and inspired conversations most of all.

Fordham Theatre Program’s Facebook page features the message, “Noah Goldstein – You were one of our best and our brightest. You are gone too soon. Show the other side what great art looks like. Love, The Fordham Theatre Program.”

According to Goldstein’s profile on the Fordham Theatre department’s site, they had previously worked at Ars Nova, a non-profit theater in New York, as a production intern, as well as at Vortex Repertory Theatre and  Music & Entertainment Television, both located in Austin, Texas.

Goldstein’s professional experience included work on set design, technical direction, production design and sound design. They had worked on such Fordham Theatre productions as  “Oh My Darling,” “The Man Who Built His House to Heaven” and “The Mojo and the Sayso.”

The University will offer support for students on June 18 and 19 from 2-4 p.m., at the Office of Residential Life at Lincoln Center. The email also advises students in need of support to contact the Counseling Center, Campus Ministry or members of the Residential Life staff.

Additional reporting was done for this article by Sophie Kozub, Co-News Editor.