Heading out of town for Spring Break? Or just staying home to relax? Whether your day dreaming of a Spring Break location to head to or booking your ticket tomorrow, check out these five one-of-a-kind Spring Breaks that’ll have you on a plane with The Observer in hand (duh.)
1) Whitsunday, Australia – Whitsunday Island, which is right off the coast of Australia, was named the top Eco Friendly Beach in the World by CNN in 2010. The island is accessible by boat and features Whitehaven Beach, which is in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. If you’re a fan of adventure, take a seaplane or a boat to explore the reefs or spend your time sailing and snorkeling in Whitehaven’s turquoise and blue waters.
2) Hilton Head Island, South Carolina – If you’re not a fan of leaving the U.S. for spring break, check out Hilton Head Island down south. There is something for everyone here, whether you’re into visiting museums or you love horseback riding – Hilton Head Island offers it all. There are more than 60 miles of multi-use trails on the island, great for the cycle enthusiast. There are also biking clubs that coordinate weekly rides if you’re looking to ride with a group. For the nature lover, take a horseback tour to view the wildlife that inhabit the island or zip line at Broad Creek Marina Adventures to soar over magnificent oaks and catch a glimpse of Broad Creek.
3) Mauritius – This island off the coast of Africa may be small, but it has plenty of things to do. Have you ever been to a tea plantation? Well you can visit one in Mauritius and take a guided tour of the plantation, trying a variety of teas and drinking in a panoramic view of the island from the plantation’s terrace restaurant. If your idea of relaxing is more along the lines of laying out on the beach, be sure to visit Belle Mare Beach or Le Morne Beach. You’ll even be able to spot some corals on your trip!
4) Maldives- As one of the most beautiful islands in the cross between the Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea, the Maldives is noted for its natural beauty and azure seas. The waters are perfect for snorkeling and occupied by incredible sea life. The beaches are noted for their serenity, and this is truly a paradise to add to your list if you’re looking to kick back and relax. Finish the night off with a boat trip, and you’ll be sure to experience one of the most beautiful sunset views ever.
5) Montreal, Canada- What’s a better place to have a one of a kind Spring Break other than Montreal?! This city is packed with history and breathtaking architecture, as well as beautiful churches and noteworthy monuments. As a French speaking city, Montreal is also home to some incredible restaurants for all of you Fordham foodies, and the city is also notorious for its nightlife for the night owls among us.